[Shotimes] 2007 Convention announcement

D. Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:13:48 -0500

It is official. The 2007 SHO International convention will be in
Kalamazoo Michigan, July 16-19, 2007.

It was a tight contest between the enthusiastic group in the North East
for a New Hampshire event, and an equally enthusiastic group in Western
Michigan. On-line voting was close, but Michigan won by a small margin.
Most people said they would go wherever, even if they had a preference.
But it wasn't just the voting, we took a number of factors into account.
And the effort put forth by the NorthEast group isn't going to waste. We
have definite plans to go there in the near future.

For now, let's concentrate on 2007. Here is a brief outline:

Home base: Kalamazoo Michigan. Home of Gibson guitars (in the
beginning), Checker Cabs, and the Street Rod Nationals! Great scenery,
and great roads. Light traffic, hopefully cooler weather than the past
few years, and easy to get to. Close to lots of great destinations for
those that "vacation" on the drive to and from the convention.

Sunday: Pre convention dinner, location TBA. We will find something fun
and tasty. We are also working on another possible event for early
arrivers on this day.

Monday: Registration day, possible Golf with Ron Porter, drives in the
country and sight seeing on your own. Welcome reception.

Tuesday: Car SHOw, more golf with Ron Porter, followed by a general
meeting to go over track events and the drives.
Then a drive on great roads to a great museum and dinner at with some
good food.

Wednesday: TRack day at Grattan Raceway. A fun road course that is a
favorite test track for magazines, and race teams. even a 25 degree
banked turn that will challenge those with the most HP! And here is the
kicker if the weather is hot.....The track has A POOL! So when you get
hot under the collar at the track, just go jump in the water. There is a
go kart track there also, and you may be able to rent go-karts and make
an entire fun day of it.
On the way home, we will have dinner together at another great restaurant.

Thursday: Drag Day at US 131 Motorsports Park. 1/4 mile drags for everyone.

Banquet Thursday evening with Charity auction, special guests and more.

Friday: more sight seeing, get ready for Seattle in 2008!

VERY IMPORTANT. advance registration is very important. We need to know
that you SHO owners will support the event enough in advance to make all
our deposits and commitments. Last year people waited almost too late.
If you think you are going, get your registration in. we allow refund
within reason, and have done so every year. So don't wait till the last
to get registered.

We will post registration forms and the host hotel information in the
coming weeks. keep an eye on the SHOclub.com web site. To read more
about the convention and the tracks, go here:

http://www.shoclub.com/SHOconventions/16/conv16.htm

Hope to see you all there!
SHO Club convention committee