[Shotimes] SHO exhaist air pump SES code

Jim Heaton aa8rf@yahoo.com
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 06:21:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hey gang,

Well, I have both of my old V-8 SHO's back from my
folks. The 96 is running well at around 93K miles
though the front end feels a little loose at high
speeds. I have to figure out what might be worn or
loose down there. I have one of Doug's programmers for
it too. It's welded, replaced all the coil packs...etc
a couple of years back. AC has some leaks including a
manifold and does not work right now. Original trans -
I'm doing the fluid every 15K miles since I have a
teen driving it, and Doug's calibration fixes the '96
torque converter lock/unlock problem they had.

The 98 I got from my folks a couple of months ago I
changed out the tranny fluid and it seems to run well.
But I got a SES code. My son in law pulled it at work
and torn me it is the exhaust injection pump. He could
get guys to work on it for $25/hour with a book rate
of 2 hours to replace the pump, but nobody wanted to
touch it. The car is delayed in starting too.

I wondered if the starting delay is an emissions thing
to be sure the pump is going first. I also wondered if
I can just get a chip or programmer to not set the SES
light since I'm not really concerned about having a
working smog pump.

Any thoughts? I searched shotimes.com on all entries
for pump but did not find anything.

'96 TR
'98 TR
'07 Sky