[Shotimes] Stock '89 Fuel Pump LPH

Ian Fisher Ian Fisher <dataflash@yahoo.com>
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:05:06 -0700 (PDT)

You want to "sell" your friend a used fuel pump that is almost 20 years old? New ones aren't that expensive! :-)

To answer your question, I'm not sure if there is any (if much) flow difference.  Some (all?) gen1's had a 2 speed pump or some sort of hi/lo feature either in the pump or in the power that was supplied to it. That's all the difference I'm aware of. Personally, I'd chuck the pump. Even if it had a higher rating, it's quite old and not worth messing around with. YMMV

Ian

----- Original Message ----
From: Sean Simons <sisimons@gmail.com>
To: baysho@lists.milleredp.com; shotimes <shotimes@autox.team.net>; v6sho@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:36:34 PM
Subject: [Shotimes] Stock '89 Fuel Pump LPH

What is the rating of a stock '89 fuel pump? I replaced mine back when I
installed a Zex kit on my car with a 150 LPH pump, just in case. I heard
that the '89s pump more fuel than the later years, but I didn't hear exactly
how much. I have a friend that might be getting a Zex kit for their '01-03
Civic (not sure what year, but it's that generation) and I was wondering if
I could sell my old stock pump to her. I'm under the impression that fuel
pumps are somewhat universal.

-Sean Simons