[Shotimes] Tie Rods

Jim Learned rjlear at comcast.net
Tue May 29 11:40:42 MDT 2007

First I want to explained that in no way am I mechanically inclined. In fact
I am a 58 year old disabled Vietnam Vet. My question to the shotimes
community is how does one tell if your tie rods are bad and how much is it
expected to cost to repair. I have a 1993 manual transmission SHO with
167xxx miles on the odometer. The reason for this request is because within
the last couple of days I have experienced a shimmy when I am doing about
55mph and it seems to happen when I turn the steering wheel a little to the
left also if I am going in a straight line the steering wheel has quite a
bit of play in it. Could I be on the right track in trying to figure out the
problem or am I completely of the beaten track. Any information in this
matter would be of immense help to me.

Thank You
Jim