Change in the weather

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Wed Sep 16 02:25:12 MDT 2009

Mid september here in Salt Lake City when summer starts to get shoved
aside by autumn, with hints of the coming winter.  The night air has taken
on a different sort of feel, there's color in the trees starting to crop
up in
the foothills and beyond and of course as fall pollens float about in the
air hayfever allergies come to fore.

I'm sitting here listening to the crickets outside as well as the soft but
insistent whine of a bearing starting to fail on a server disk.  The fund
drive is going pretty well, there should soon be funding for sufficient
hardware to deal with that issue.

What I want at the moment, but do not have, is a wee dram of some fine
elixir.  Finished off the last of my whisky late spring, have not  gotten
another bottle yet.  Blazing hot, sun scorching summer days are the time
for tall, icy gin and tonics, frothy and refreshing beers, sweet tea and
such.

But now it is time for some scotch.   Wish I had it in  hand as I write
this.
Tomorrow I'll go shopping.  We'll see what catches my fancy.

mjb.