[Spits] Door handle gaskets

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sun Jul 29 18:22:16 MDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

When I had the Spitfire repainted, I put new gaskets on.  Before I put
them on I painted them to seal out the moisture.  I don't remember now
if I used black paint or a rubberized coating.  They looked fine for a
while but soon started looking horrible, I assume from absorbing
moisture.  It seems like I remember a comment on this list a few years
ago about someone supplying rubber door gaskets.

Does anyone remember who that was?  If I can't find them I may by a
normal set of gaskets and cut my own out of rubber.

Thanks,

Roger