[Spits] Brake fluid

mark.jones at exxonmobil.com mark.jones at exxonmobil.com
Mon Jul 30 05:55:14 MDT 2007

Tim,

I have always used either Castrol GT LMA or Lockheed Super 4 in my British
cars.  I'm leery of using other fluids because they "may not" be compatible
with natural rubber gaskets and seals.

Mark
1980 Spitfire 1500
1973 MGBGT

From: "Tim Benner" <tbenner222 at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Spits] Brake fluid

Before it goes I would like to change the brake and clutch fluid one more
time.  I will get Castrol GT LMA if needed but I have some other fluid on
the shelf that might as well be used if it can.  Some time ago I got some
Lockheed Super 4 from one of the British car catalogues.  Can this be used?
I also have a few liters of ATE Super Blue.  I know this is good fluid but
wiould it be safe on the Spit brake parts?

Thanks as always,

Tim Benner