[Spits] GT6 overdrive switch

Bill Gingerich bill at gingerich.us
Thu Nov 8 18:49:36 MST 2007

Jim,

I'm in the process of getting ready to add OD to my '74 Spitfire.  It is
setup the same way as the '73 GT6.  There are a few more things that you'll
need to find besides the switch.  The switch itself is readily available.
There is also a special shift knob body and top cover that the switch
actually mounts in.  Those can be harder to find, although a company in
England is making reproductions.  I don't remember who it is.  There is also
the hollow shift lever and wiring for the switch.  Again, the wiring is easy
to find, but the lever isn't.

Hope this helps.

Bill Gingerich
Newalla, OK