[Spits] [TR] spit suspension question

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Fri Nov 9 18:40:27 MST 2007

In a message dated 11/9/2007 8:30:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jimmuller at rcn.com writes:

Don't  forget too that when BL added the swing-spring they also
increased the  stiffness of the front (anti)sway bar.  It principle
this combination  should solve the tuck-under problem but increase
understeer, thus  decreasing the ultimate lateral g's you can obtain.

==AM==
As I understand it, the much lower roll resistance in the rear due to the
swing spring created a tendency towards OVERSTEER, for which the fatter front
anti-sway bar compensated. Overall, I don't think understeer increased compared
 to the earlier cars.

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)