[Spits] Differential front casing removal on MK3, 1970

Paul-Ernest Lévesque pelevesque at globetrotter.net
Mon Jan 7 13:43:38 MST 2008

Hello   My Differential is making noise when cold, I looking to overhaul it. I am under the impression that I can overhaul by removing only the front casing, of the differential after disconnecting the shaft going to the wheels on a proper car lift. Can it be done,? or do really have to remove the complete differential with the rear casing, which involve much more work

The mechanic man is telling me that the Crown and Pin sound O.K. but the bearings seem to make the noise. That I will know later, I think.

Except the Crown and Pin which parts should I order in addition of the bearings?, Shims of different thickness ?

Any advice will be appreciate

Have a nice day

P-Ernest