[Spits] Timing chain cover nut

mark.jones at exxonmobil.com mark.jones at exxonmobil.com
Tue Jan 8 07:10:51 MST 2008

If the engine is out of the car and on an engine stand, turn the engine
over and remove the oil pan.  Put a short length 2x4 between a lob on the
crank shaft and the engine case.  This is to keep the crank from moving
while you loosen the crank bolt.  This method has worked for me both times
I have had to take off this nut.

Mark

From: "OKCSpitfire" <OKCSpitfire at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Spits] Timing chain cover nut

Does any one have a way to remove the crankshaft bolt in front of the
timing chain. I went to Harbor Freight to get a socket set that had a
socket big enough to fit the bolt 1-13/16". Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advanced
OKCSpitfire