[Spits] Chrome to Rubber bumpers happened....?

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Sat Jul 5 12:15:47 MDT 2008

Since I haven't really been following the later Spits all that much I can't
say for sure.  However, I bought a new Corvette in 1975, which was the first
year that they had the rubber bumpers front and rear.  So I have to conclude
that it was the US Safety standards that forced Triumph to make the change
as well.

But when it actually happened is not clear.  I know that the rubber add-on
projections were increased in size before the total rubber bumper
conversion, but other than that I can't say.

Andy?

Cheers,
Joe