[Spits] General questions/comparisons: 1962 Mk 1 - 1975 1500

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Thu Jul 24 22:58:50 MDT 2008

Sources:

SpitBits
British Parts Northwest
Moss Motors
The Roadster Factory
But Victoria British only as a Last Resort!

I think you are going to like the Mk1.  I doubt it is a 62.  Probably a 63
since very few 62's were shipped to the states.  If you let me know the
commission number, I can say for sure.  You will avoid any emissions laws
because of its age and I personally like the body style much better than the
later square tail models.

There is much less add-on junk on the early cars to complicate the tuning.

Don't forget to register the car in the Spitfire database:

http://members.cox.net/spitlist/

Regards,
Joe Curry