[Spits] Navel Jelly

celiracer81 at hotmail.com celiracer81 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 18:54:33 MDT 2008

I have seen it spelled both ways.  But it just doesn't look right with an
'e'.

> From: standardtriumph at btinternet.com> To: doug at dougbraun.com;
celiracer81 at hotmail.com; nass at yahoogroups.com;
spitfire-enthusiast at yahoogroups.com; spitfires at autox.team.net> Subject: Re:
[Spits] Navel Jelly> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 23:30:59 +0100> > Doug, ya gotta
be joking! Navel or naval - or is this another Joe Curry "fluif"?> > Jonmac> >
----- Original Message ----- > From: "Doug Braun" <doug at dougbraun.com>> To:
<celiracer81 at hotmail.com>; <nass at yahoogroups.com>;
<spitfire-enthusiast at yahoogroups.com>; > <spitfires at autox.team.net>> Sent:
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:14 PM> Subject: Re: [Spits] Navel Jelly> > > > Navel
Jelly is essentially phosphoric acid, with a gel> > added to make it easier to
use. Phosphoric acid in> > general is good, because it will attack rust and
also> > etch the bare steel (like an etching primer). It is a> > good thing to
use on any bare steel, either stripped> > old panels, or new replacement
panels.> >> > You can also get it in a liquid form that can be> > sprayed and
rinsed off. My local HD carries a product> > called "The Must for Rust" that
works well.> >> > Doug> >> >> > --- celiracer81 at hotmail.com wrote:> >> >> In
terms of finding a chemical used to "convert"> >> rust, I have found Naval> >>
Jelly to be quite effective.> >