[Spits] Spitfire IV emblems

Stuart Greenwood sagreenwood at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 2 17:18:57 MDT 2008

Just an update on emblem removal.
The emblems on the bonnet and the rear wings have two pegs cast into them on the backside. There are two holes drilled in the bodywork into which are fitted plastic retainers. When you push the emblems in the pegs go into the retainers and spread them  they are locked to the body work. It's easy to get the emblems off. Just carefully lever them off using a thin blade like a paint scraper. The plastic retainers will say in the holes.  The problem is getting the retainers out without damaging them since they have been spread out when the emblems were orginally put in.  I haven't tried to do this yet but it will have to be done so I can block sand the panels prior to painting.

Stuart A Greenwood
sagreenwood at earthlink.net
Triumph Spiitfire Mk IV, Triumph Stag Mk I