[Spits] [Triumph_GT6_Enthusiast] GT6 Mk1 Bumpers & Seat diaphragms

Todd Bermudez red_tr250 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 06:44:51 MDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to fit bumpers onto our Mk1 GT6.  My first
attempt installing the rear bumpers didn't go all that
well.  The brackets are a real PIA.  Pretty sure
they're both bent.  One was off the car the other
(under the tank) is clearly bent too much & will need
to come off the car.  I'm wondering if anyone out
there might have a bracket that they KNOW is "OK" or
correctly bent for a proper fit & would be able to
make a trace of it & mail it to me?  I can bend the
brackets using a vise & a pipe wrench.

As far as the front bumper goes, I have a bumper bar &
over riders and the brackets.  Any photos of how all
that goes together?  I see the parts diagram in the
Bentley manual.  Are those "distance spacers" nothing
more than washers?  Perhaps they're "cupped" washers?
I don't have any so I can't tell.

Last, the diaphragms on both seats are shot.  Who
carries them?

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
'68 GT6 MK1 RHD