[Spits] Turn signal indicator stays on

Doug Braun doug at dougbraun.com
Mon Sep 8 14:41:40 MDT 2008

The turn signal indicator is a special case (on my '72
Spit, at least).  The indicator bulb is connected
between the left and right turn signal feeds.  Neither
terminal is grounded.  When either turn signal is
activated, current flows through the indicator bulb
and through the opposite side turn signal lamps to
ground.  (The current is not enough to actually light
up the opposite side lamps.)

Doug