[Spits] lightswitch come apart?

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Tue Sep 9 09:04:48 MDT 2008

Yesterday I cleaned up a few 'lectrical gremlins on the GT6+.  I
replaced a bunch of the bullet connectors, installed a new headlight
rocker switch from Spitbits.

The front rocker panel on the switch seems to be upside down.  To get
the terminals on the back arranged as the original and to get the
correct "upside down" British behavior (throw down to turn on), the
switch must be oriented such that the graphics are incorrect.  The
"lights on" graphic must be on the top and the beams graphic shines
out to the right instead of the left.  This is consistent with the
premise that the rocker is upside down.  Have any of you tried to
disassemble the switch?  If so, is there a secret magic maneuver or
incantation?

I know, it isn't an earthshaking problem, but I'd hate to lose points
in a Concourse because of such an originality violation.  Plus it
bothers me.  All day I've been observing strange things like
electrons flowing backwards, water flowing uphill, generators which
continue to spin with no fan belt attached, turn signals which glow
all by themselves.  Something is wrong in the world, and I'm hoping
that it's just a mis-assembled lightswitch.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+