[Spits] rear brake hoses

Stuart Greenwood sagreenwood at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 19 18:49:18 MDT 2008

When I was removing the outer drive shafts from my 1971 MkIV spit I noticed that the flex brake hose ( I have the Aeroquipe  type) are only just long enough when the car is jacked up and the rear suspension is fully unloaded and drops until the shock absorber is fully extended.  When I look in the Mk IV ROM, section 70.15.17 there is a nice drawing showing that flex holes connects to the rear wheel cylinder.... as mine does. However in the Rimmers catalogue, page 106 it suggests that the flex hose doesn't connect to the cylinder but to another length of pipe before it goes to the cylinder.  Is the Rimmers picture just for the single line system fitted to early cars rather than the tandem dual line system?

Stuart A Greenwood
sagreenwood at earthlink.net
Triumph Spiitfire Mk IV, Triumph Stag Mk I