[Spits] Floor Pan replacement

Mark mowog73 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 14:24:35 MST 2009

Hi Daniel,

The inner rocker panel (sill) has a flat bottom to it and is welded to the
floor.  The centre rocker panel's (membrane) bottom edge is welded to the
floor's turned down edge.

I just did this last year and have a few pictures of this area if you are
interested.

Mark

Subject: [Spits] Floor Pan replacement

Further inspection shows that the replacement pan outside edge is straight
from front to back and there is a turned down edge.  I appears that the
Inner Rocker Panel is getting in the way.  My inner and outer rocker panels
appear to be ok and will not need replacement (at far as I can tell).  So
the question is, do I have to remove the Inner Rocker Panel to get to the
floor pans, or can I (or should I) cut the old floor along the Inner Rocker
Panel and bend the replacement floor panel upward to be tack-welded to the
Inner Rocker Panel?