[Spits] Missing GAZ Part?

Daniel Parrott parrotthead01 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 1 13:40:00 MST 2009

Like my last post, I'm installing a set of GAZ front shocks to the Spit Six,
and now have another dilemma.  I think I'm missing the bottom plates (the
plate that holds the bottom of the spring) from my new springs.  The
aluminum adjustment ring is not wide enough (or I think strong enough) to
handle the load.  I see that the SPAX brand of front shock has a wider plate
that sit on top of the adjustment ring and securely centers and holds the
bottom of the spring.  Does anyone know where I can get a couple of the
bottom plates for a GT-6?

Dan Parrott

Savannah, Ga

1980 Triumph Spitfire "PJ"