[Spits] Rear Spring

Luke Lewis superluke at execulink.com
Mon Nov 9 09:53:05 MST 2009

Just to add my 2 cents to this - I find that the attitude the car takes
when parked depends directly on who was in it when it was driven.  The
geometry being what it is, when the car comes to a stop with weight on
the driver's side only (As mine is 95% of the time, and I weigh 225) the
only way for the left rear suspension to push the body back up to it's
relaxed height would be for the tire to slide sideways!  I tried this
out on an alignment rack with sliding pads and the car came right up to
level every time I got out.  When one weighs over 1/10 of the overall
vehicle weight there isn't much chance of stopping this effect, other
than the individually-controlled air shocks some guys have installed.

(Not replying to you directly, Richard, by the way!  You're right about
front springs too - mine made an enormous difference)