[Spits] Missing GAZ Part? Found!

Daniel Parrott parrotthead01 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 13 14:49:46 MST 2009

Well, after my last post, I contacted Chris at British Parts Northwest.  I
had heard that they received a batch of mis-numbered GAZ shocks last spring
that were supposed to be for the Spitfire/GT6, but had a way-too-small
bottom plate.  BPN got their shocks from Rimmer for resale, and perhaps my
shocks were in the same batch of mis-numbered shocks.  I dropped a couple of
emails to Rimmer Brothers for an inquiry, but after almost two weeks, I had
heard nothing back.  I was about to make an overseas call, when lo-and
behold, I got a package today that had four GAZ rings, two with just the
right size to properly hold the bottom of the spring.  No response e-mail,
no apologies, just the rings.

Now I have a questions, where do the other, smaller, rings go?  Below to
serve as a locking ring?

TIA

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga