[Spits] plastic tranny covers

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sun Oct 18 06:31:00 MDT 2009

Thanks everyone for your input.

On 17 Oct 2009 at 21:51, Spitfire4 wrote:

> the spit and gt6 covers differ.
> I have a new gt6 cover that I dont plan to use if anyone
> needs one... OR can trade me a fiberglass version?

Perhaps I misspoke just a bit.  I don't doubt that the Spitfire (at
least earlier) and GT6 tranny covers might be different.  Not sure
*why* the Mk IV/1500 cover should differ from the GT6 cover though.

But I was wondering about materials, not shape.  Spitfire4, you
mentioned fiberglass.  That would seem to be not the black
polycarbonate (or other kind of plastic) that my cars have now.

The extra one you have, is it fiberboard or something more (ahem)
durable?  Are you looking to use fiberglass instead of plastic?

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+