[Spits] Small tire changer -

Nolan opposumking at verizon.net
Tue Sep 1 03:59:54 MDT 2009

>...considering using one of Harbor Freights small tire changers.

Harbor Freight has a manual tire changer, and a small tire changer.  They
are two very different machines.

I have never used their mini tire changer
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=34552 but I
am confident it is the wrong tool for your car tire.  It's maximum capacity
is a 12" rim.

Their manual automotive tire changer
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=34542 I
have used extensively.  It works quite well.  I have changed probably well
over a hundred tires with it over the years, from small Spitfire tires to
large commercial truck tires.  It should work just fine on a wire wheel, but
I have never used it on one.

Do be aware that it will scrape the paint off the rim at the rim bead, from
the bar sliding around the rim.

A motorcycle shop will be able to balance your wheel as well as mount it.