[Spits] Painting a Spit: Single-stage vs. BC/CC?

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Fri Sep 11 21:12:47 MDT 2009

I prefer the single stage paints, usually in original factory colors.
They have the appropriate, oh, character for the cars.

Back when I was younger and more enthusiastic I had this idea
that I wanted three Spitfires - a street car, a show car and one to
race.  And I had a paint scheme in mind, using four factory
colors -  Delft Blue, Wedgewood Blue, Royal Blue ( a really dark
navy ) and Jasmine yellow.  I did get one car painted in the scheme
I had in mind, check out the bottom photo on the page at
http://fatchancegarage.com   The body is Jasmine, the LeMans
style nose strip is Delft, with a thin line of Wedgewood edging.
I did have a Mark 1 street car that I got started on, had a rough
coat of Delft on it to see if I really liked the color.  I did, well,
still do.

Never did get more than one Spit running at a time, but I did
manage to get the air tank to match:

http://www.team.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18

mjb.