[Spits] Rear spring with too much arch

scotts junk smacsjunk at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 15:42:05 MDT 2010

There is some effect on camber when you switch from early model short axles to
late model long axles: since the lever arm from the pivot (U joint) to the
tire is longer but the spring length (fulcrum point) is the same, the spring
will be compressed more (i.e. have to exert more force) to support the weight
of the car, so the camber will be more negative (or less positive) when you
change from short to long axles.

cheers
Scott