[Spits] early Spitfire OD column switch location

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 13:40:52 MDT 2010

A question for anyone with an original OD installation (particularly
those with the last "O" in the commission number) in their Spitfire 4
or Mk2: on which side of the steering column is the OD switch? The Mk2
Owners Manual appears to show it on the LH side, with the turn signal
switch; TRF's Spitfire Glovebox Companion catalogue suggests that it
would be on the RH side, with the headlamp switch.

Which is correct?

Regardless, would I be correct in assuming that the switch would be
operated by raising it?

Feel free to reply ONLY to me unless you think the list would be
fascinated with all this, and thanks in advance! :-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: http://triumph-herald.us