[Spits] Indicator electrical question

Jeff fishplate at charter.net
Tue Aug 31 20:33:08 MDT 2010

> with the key in the on position (or with the car turned on and running) I
> should have power coming from the hazard switch (actual location on the
> hazard
> switch is the bottom drivers left prong on the hazard switch when
> installed in
> the car - wire that connects to this prong is light green with a slate
> stripe)
> to the indicator flasher unit and then to the indicator switch.

That looks correct, according to the Mk. IV diagram at
http://triumphspitfire.com/images/wiring/MKIVwire.jpg

This may also help, as it seems to be functionally the same
http://triumphspitfire.com/images/wiring/75diagram.jpg

I don't know when they went from rocker to pull switch.

> Right now I have no power coming from that prong and no power to the
> indicator
> flasher unit etc

Have you got power on the green wire going into the switch from the fuse?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.