[Spits] U-joint replacement

Matthew Milkevitch mmilkevitch at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 1 11:14:25 MST 2010

Fellow Listers;
I hope everyone had a pleasant New Year's.
At present, I am finishing up a differential swap on my '77 Spit.  Glad it's
almost done.
While bolting everything up, I noticed that the u-joint on the driver's side
half-shaft is coming out of the yoke about 1/8" on one side.
I assume this u-joint will require replacement.  I have replacement units on
hand.
Question:  How easy is this repair?  I have not done any work on axles before.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Best Regards,
Matt Milkevitch'77 SpitfireWillow Grove, PA