[Spits] Early Spitfire Hubcaps

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Sat Jan 2 11:33:08 MST 2010

In a message dated 1/1/2010 3:38:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ZoboHerald
writes:

If so,  they're actually only for the 1969 US model. FYI, they're actually
a "redo" of  a Dodge Dart wheel cover, circa 1964!

Andy,
Yes that looks like the hubs. On a 69 huh? That's good info. Probably more
of those around than the very early Spitfires.  Now the 70's had another
style of hub cap, similar but w/o the two "Spitfire" embossing's in the
center, just plain, correct?  I hope so for I sold a NOS set of those to  Pat
Davis for his 70 Spitfire MK 3 which was restored as original and shown in
Showroom Stock Concours at the VTR NATC in Valley Forge.  It is a sweet
little car, Laurel like to one I have. For some reason the judges did not score
it very high but to me it was BOS quality.
Cheers,
Darrell