[Spits] Early Spitfire Hubcaps

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Sat Jan 2 19:02:06 MST 2010

In a message dated 1/2/2010 1:33:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, TR250Driver
 writes:

Yes that looks like the hubs. On a 69 huh? That's good info. Probably  more
of those around than the very early Spitfires.  Now the 70's had  another
style of hub cap, similar but w/o the two "Spitfire" embossing's  in the
center, just plain, correct?  I hope so for I sold a NOS set of  those to Pat
Davis for his 70 Spitfire MK 3 which was restored as original and  shown in
Showroom Stock Concours at the VTR NATC in Valley Forge.  It is  a sweet
little car, Laurel like to one I have. For some reason the judges did  not score
it very high but to me it was BOS  quality.

==AM==
Yes, they are sorta similar to the ones from the '69; see:

_http://www.triumph-brochures.be/popup.php?foto=folder376.jpg_
(http://www.triumph-brochures.be/popup.php?foto=folder376.jpg)

for the 1970 style. I suspect that those 1970 wheel covers might have been
sourced in England rather than in the US, as some of the big Triumph sedans
 (saloons) used a very similar wheel cover; see:

<http://www.triumph-brochures.be/popup.php?foto=folderhu521.jpg>

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)