[Spits] battery cable - a cheap fix

Ryan s1500 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 3 13:05:07 MDT 2010

Well, chalk up another repair I was blind to for the past 10 years. My
negative battery cable always had battery acid on it, preventing me from
starting up after a short trip(gas station, etc). It was due to the fact
it had a copper(or brass?) clamp to the terminal. Thus, making a battery
in and of itself.

I went to the parts store, bought another one that's steel of equal
length, crimped on that smaller negative cable & I was done. 5 bucks
compared to the $40 SpitBits was charging.

This explains all the battery acid that has shown up in the battery box,
etc over the years. Apparently it was finnicky with this battery moreso.