[Spits] GT6 windshield

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Fri Mar 18 16:33:30 MST 2011

Hi

A friend of mine is working on his GT6+ and is trying to put the
windshield frame back in the car.   Unfortunately, it has been some time
since he took it out.

He has some questions that I am hoping someone can help us with.

For the top bolts
1)  What are the dimensions of the distance tube in the top?
2)  Does it actually go through the window frame?
3) From the manuals it looks like the bolt goes in from the top, is that
correct?
4) Is the nut a standard nut or is it beveled?

For the bottom 3 center nuts, bolts and washers:
1) Are they standard bolts and washers?  Spitfires of the same year use
wedge shaped washers and Chrome Domed Bolts, but they are visible and
they don't seem to be on the GT6.
2) The holes seem large for the bolts he thinks goes in them.  Are there
sleeves in for the bottom bolts?  There does not seem to be in the manuals.

For the top Seal.
1) There is kind of a square block at each end of the seal, is that
really supposed to be there?

I know this is a lot of questions all at once, but any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Roger