[Spits] Paint: Single-Stage or Base/Clear?

Charles Reid mapper55 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 09:38:58 MDT 2012

Base-Clear is harder and the results depend heavily on the conditions in your
'paint shop'.  The clear coat is especially susceptible to humidity.  I also
understand the chemicals in clear coat are more dangerous and painting must be
done with breathing protection.  If you are looking for 'show room condition'
then single stage is the way to go.  That being said, I plan to use Base-Clear
because I like the finished product better and I'm not looking for
originality.

Charles Reid
1980 Triumph Spitfire