[Spits] Top Timing cover Screw

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sun Dec 16 13:17:46 MST 2012

Hi All,

I am putting my engine back together.  One of the screws at the top
timing cover, is held in by the the front engine plate being threaded.
Right behind that screw is the mounting bracket for the alternator.

Well, the threads in the engine plate are to stripped to hold the screw,
and I can't put a nut on the backside of the plate as the bracket does
not allow room for one.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Did you find a solution?

I have thought about using JB Weld, but I am not sure it is the best
solution.

Thanks,
Roger Elliott
80 Spitfire