[Spits] Top Timing cover Screw

Bill Gingerich wrgingerich at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 19:29:06 MST 2012

Is there any room to tap a thread in the block behind the plate?  I just
don't remember.  Another idea is you could drill out the plate, and weld a
threaded insert into the larger hole.  Perhaps enlarge the hole in the
alternator bracket to fit around the insert.  That would give you a longer
thread for the bolt to go into.  Not sure how much torque a .160 long thread
would hold.

Thinking back, it was one of the other front plate holes that I helicoiled.
Maybe the sealing block?

BillG