[Spits] Spit manifolds removal

John Henard johnhenard at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 19 13:30:15 MDT 2013

Wise (and less frustrated) ones,I am trying to remove the intake and exhaust
manifolds on a '71 and not having much luck. All the manuals/books I have are
vague. I have removed:main nuts along the top of the intake offend studs at
either end of the exhaust manifoldnut (but not stud) securing the intake to
the exhaust manifoldstuds have been snapped at the exhaust down flangeTwo
things that appear to be hanging on:dowels in the top of the intake flanges -
not sure how to removetwo more main nuts under the intake holding the exhaust
to the head (can't get to these yet)What am I missing or how do I remove the
two things above if that is all that is left? Suggestions?
Thanks,
--John Henard