[Spits] Spit manifolds removal

John Henard johnhenard at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 19 15:07:10 MDT 2013

Good point Doug - I left that outSingle ZS

--John Henard
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnhenard

678-984-9078

 Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 15:46:37 -0400
Subject: Re: [Spits] Spit manifolds removal
From: doug at dougbraun.com
To: johnhenard at hotmail.com
CC: spitfires at autox.team.net

Do you have a single Stromberg,or dual SUs?
Doug
On Apr 19, 2013 3:30 PM,
"John Henard" <johnhenard at hotmail.com> wrote:

Wise (and less frustrated) ones,I am trying to remove the intake and exhaust

manifolds on a '71 and not having much luck. All the manuals/books I have
are

vague. I have removed:main nuts along the top of the intake offend studs at

either end of the exhaust manifoldnut (but not stud) securing the intake to

the exhaust manifoldstuds have been snapped at the exhaust down flangeTwo

things that appear to be hanging on:dowels in the top of the intake flanges
-

not sure how to removetwo more main nuts under the intake holding the
exhaust

to the head (can't get to these yet)What am I missing or how do I remove the

two things above if that is all that is left? Suggestions?

Thanks,

--John Henard

Spitfires at autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html