[Spits] Customer Contact From Victoria British Website

Dennis Reese dennis_reese at wavecable.com
Sat Jan 11 13:18:05 MST 2014

Not long ago I purchased two wheel bearing kits for my 75 spitfire 1500 your
p/n 5-925. In the process of installing using the original hubs and your kit,
it became apparent that the supplied oil seal wasn't going to work. The metal
shell diameter is slightly larger than the hub diameter and therefore cannot
be inserted in the hub. It is also made of very thin metal that will easily
deform under any kind of pressure either from a press or by tapping with a
hammer. Apparently this has happened to other spitfire owners as several
responded to my plea for advice by saying that I should cut the felt out of
the supplied seal and glue it into the original shells. I did that and it
worked but the fact remains that you are apparently selling a part that won't
fit the original hubs (maybe new hubs are slightly different?). Most of us
know to not throw away original parts just for this reason and garages are
full of them. I've attached a couple of pictures for your information.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpg which had a name of DSC_0501.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpg which had a name of DSC_0502.jpg]