[Spits] pertronix

Nick Moseley nmoseley at telus.net
Wed Jan 15 11:43:27 MST 2014

Dave, (I assume that is your name...)
The best way is to order based on the distributor that is actually in your
car, as opposed to the one with which it was originally fitted.
Most distributors have the maker name and model numbers stamped on the
outside. For the Lucas ones, it is often on the side that faces the engine,
so you might have to free off the securing fitting and turn the dizzy until
you can see it. Sometimes a mirror helps.
Having had some experience of getting Pertronix units that did not fit the
distributor I had ordered it for, you might consider getting one of the
units for sale that include a new dizzy along with the, fitted, electronic
ignition. Sometimes these can be had for as little as $160. or so, and
considering the age of the original dizzy and its related parts and springs,
the price difference and value of all new parts make this the smarter long
term buy. It also means you could convert the one you have now back to
points, and keep it as a spare in case of problems with the new one.
Just my opinion...
Nick Moseley