[Spits] Electronic ignition

Alex&Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Sun Sep 14 06:21:24 MDT 2014

A previous owner installed a Crane Cams XR700 unit on our GT6 MK 3. It has
worked perfectly over the years. It does have a separate control box that is
mounted on the cowl. If you use a Pertronix, make sure to feed it with a
full 12 volts and not through the ballast resistor/wire. The lower voltage
will kill the unit.

Alex Thomson