[Spridgets] ZDDP

Timothy H. Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Wed Aug 1 08:54:31 MDT 2007

At 04:54 AM 8/1/2007, BCAH at aol.com wrote:
>Hello, Anyone know what is the latest thoughts on the lack of ZDDP in
>modern oils?High cam wear and all that. I have seen articles on it both
>ways.--------Bob C in KS

Visit Dow Corning Automotive: http://www.dowcorning.com/content/auto/
and search for pdf documents on the subject of : Zinc dialkyl dithio
phosphate.  Don't use the abbreviation ZDDP.

You should find over 70 documents which are for the most part
readable, but technical in nature - lots of test data, charts and
graphs. DCorning is big in producing Molycote products which is
supposed to be an excellent friction reducer. A sneaky racer might
put this in the engine, transmission and rear end and use moly based
grease (BR2, I believe). The car would then go so fast that you would
experience warp speed "time travel."

Tim Collins
1966 AH Sprite