[Spridgets] I would NEVER suggest...

bushwacker4 at zoomtown.com bushwacker4 at zoomtown.com
Thu Aug 2 05:26:48 MDT 2007

---- Ron Soave <soavero at yahoo.com> wrote: Ferrari

A couple of quick stories on the "F" cars... Right after high school a buddy and I drove my 65 Sprite from Cincinnati to LA and San Diego. Out there in liberalland we happened to stop by a Ferrari dealership just for grins. In 1971 a Dino 246 was $10 K and the full-blown luxury model was $13 K. I don't remember what the other models ran. They had a Sunbeam Tiger that they took in trade. It had 16 K on the clock, was absolutely perfect and could have been bought for $1600.

The other F story is about a friend that found a pair of Ferraris in a barn along the Ohio river in Kentucky. He bought one for $15 K in 1969. It was a 1966 LWB 275 GT. He could have bought the other one that was next to it in the barn for the same price. He chose the 275 because it had a full interior. The other car only had a canvas driver's seat in it. It was a race car that he was told was Phil Hill's back-up car. It was a 250 GTO. Oh well...

His 275 was on the cover of a magazine about 7 years ago. It had been fully restored and sold for 1.1 million.

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1975 Midget - trailerparked queen