[Spridgets] I would NEVER suggest...

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 20:21:11 MDT 2007

--- David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
> You do know how to find the most impressive stats,
> don't you?

As for the spin story, Bauchman told me, so I looked
it up in the race reports:

Race Eight: H Production

Tom Feller of Clarkston, Mich., captured his third
consecutive H Production title at the 2006 SCCA
National Championship Runoffs. Craig Chima, of Akron,
Ohio, and Don Barrack, of Waterloo, S.C., completed
the podium.

>From the drop of the green flag, it looked like the
show belonged to the polesitter Chima, and his No. 8
Midwest Motorsports /Goodyear MG Midget. But, jaws
dropped on lap four when Chima spun on his own in Turn
Six. Feller didn't even flinch, as he powered his No.
71 W.Michigan Import/Goodyear Triumph Spitfire into
the lead.

Chima wasn't finished however; setting laptimes nearly
a second faster than Feller, Chima chipped away at the
gap his spin had cost him and caught Feller on lap
seven. Chima regained the lead briefly, until he spun
for a second time in Turn 14 and Feller again retook
the lead. Feller left Chima behind, despite Chima's
best efforts to make a comeback, which was marred by a
third spin on lap 15.