[Spridgets] SU Carb Help Sought

Miniac7 at aol.com Miniac7 at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 19:39:30 MDT 2007

Listers,

I am about to get my recently rebuilt 1275 back from the rebuilder and am
almost ready to install it in a road car. I would like to ask for suggestions on
 needles and springs for the twin SU's. Here's the build spec:

..Rebuilt and fully balanced 1293 cc
..Lightened rods, and flywheel
..Swiftune SW5 cam
..Fully rebuilt 12G1316 Spridget smog head, ported, 3 angle valve  seats,
hardened valve seats, lead free, new valves, guides, and dual  springs
..25 D dizzy using points/condenser
..LCB header to free flow Sportex tuned exhaust
..Twin 1.25 SU with K&N pancake filters, port matched intake  manifold

Based on this build spec what needle and spring is  recommended?

Once I move to a set of twin 1.5's, what would be the suggested  needles and
springs for that application?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Howard Collins
Virginia Beach, VA.