[Spridgets] SU fuel pump problem

Robert E. Shlafer pilotrob at webtv.net
Thu Aug 9 18:06:46 MDT 2007

"points-type" pumps.

When points-type pumps begin to
fail, you tap their body with a hammer. That usually gets 'em goin' for a while.

But in the end, you gotta open 'em up and "clean 'em up".....dress the points, clean
up any/all electrical stuff and renew diaphragms if so equipped etc.

But at least you get a "warning" before hand.

With the electronic types, they usually
just quit....and stay that way!

"Hard-time" replacement of electronic pumps based on miles or time in service (I replace my LP Facet/filter every 4-5 years, whether it needs it or not) prevents this problem, for which tow insurance (also bearing in mind modern electronic "HI" ignitions which can also simply quit at any time) was created.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)