[Spridgets] Confused as heck...

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Fri Aug 10 22:00:24 MDT 2007

Paul,

The carb body is at an angle but the float chamber is also at a smaller
angle!
Frank suggested that maybe the PO put the grommets on the wrong carbs
as the are 'handed'.
Looking from the front of the car they are turned about 10 degrees
clockwise.
So I am assuming that they are 30 degree grommets and that I need a pair
of 20 degree grommets. That would bring them back counter-clockwise by
10 degrees and should put them vertical.
In the meantime I have them well balanced and 'singing' nicely. I might just
leave well enough alone??

On 10 Aug 2007 at 20:52, Paul Asgeirsson wrote:

>> Then the floats should be vertical.
>>
>> It's possible that someone rebuilt them with the wrong rubber piece that
>> goes between the carb body and the float bowl.  They come in several
>> angles.

-
Dave G
'65 MKIII Sprite