[Spridgets] My Oshit

Deikis, John G John.Deikis at va.gov
Tue Aug 14 06:40:12 MDT 2007

Frank belongs to a YACHT CLUB????
This is a great country!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob & Linda [mailto:r_l_campion at hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 9:05 PM
To: Spridget List
Subject: [Spridgets] My Oshit

Obviously, I have a different perspective than anyone else's since they
all
got together to help me and the others out.  So a bit of digression if I
may.

Last year my wife Linda and I were a part of the Valentine Pa rally in
our
regular car because our 61 Sprite needed a lot of work.  We had a ball,
and
met many nice people, some of whom were at this weekends OSHIT.  While
there,
Kev suggested that they might be able to do an OSHIT on my car someday.

Over the past year my back problems have gotten progressively worse, and
have been unable to do much physical work at all, so after changing out
all
the brakes/wheel cylinders and other things last summer with the help of
very close friend who has a lot more mechanical knowledge than I, we
decided
to ask Kev what he could do.

He made me a part of the OSHIT group and the race was on from there.  I
ordered what they though they would need, Kev rallied all the help for
last
weekend, and then we were on.

Frank and Diane were great host and hostess to me, shared their spare
bedroom,
and treated me to dinner Friday night at there yacht club.  You couldn't
ask
for two nicer people.  After dinner Frank wanted to take a look at the
car, so
he tried to start it.  I thought it was a fuel problem, but he
immediately
thought electric, and of course hit the nail on the head.  That car was
purring like a kitten in just a few minutes, so he fired off and e-mail
to Kev
that we needed brainwork, not extra parts.

Sat morning everyone started to arrive and worked fast and furious on
not only
my car, but on two others also.  Frank and Kev went 90 mph for 10-12
hours,
you would have thought they were teenagers!  The others all chipped in
in one
way or another with cleaning parts, holding the light or parts,
sandblasting,
polishing, reading the manuals and wiring diagrams, to posing for his
own
pictures so that he could make a really good show of the whole thing.

We were so late that I was asked to stay another night, so Sunday
morning I
finally bid farewell to this great couple (Diane that was super
home-made
bread) and headed for upstate NY (Syracuse area, not Westchester County)
and
made it in 2 hours less than the trip down. (The moral here is don't go
Frank's on a summer Friday if you want to get there on time).

Buster, I never met you, but you and I have had some sort of "out of
body"
experience with this wonderful group, and like you, I will never forget
it.

A big THANK YOU to everyone!

Bob Campion
Vernon, NY