[Spridgets] Tranny swap issues

Herby herby at herbytoys.com
Sat Aug 25 18:16:02 MDT 2007

Well after some deeper diving in the "parts bins" I found a rear plate
gasket. Thanks anyway to Ed and Paul A. for your offers. I keep saying I'm
going to sort and catalog this stuff but of course that takes time away from
doing fun stuff like cleaning 45 years of grease, oil and general crud out
of the tunnel and off the underside of a Sprite :(

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
00 Dakota R/T (the new toy)
herby at herbytoys.com
www.herbytoys.com

New gasket is desirable, but you can use the permatex OK.  The only place
that needs sealing is around the oil pump.  All the rest of the gasket is
there for the ride!

The 1275 back plate gasket fits all the engines.  The 948/1098 ones don't!

Later, Paul A